The main purpose of the position is to create, mentor and lead a competent and committed sales team towards helping meet the sales targets for the region in an efficient, cost conscious and innovative manner. The role is responsible for overseeing implementation of sales strategy for creating, sustaining and enhancing the market share for dairy products, ice-creams and juices
Main Tasks & Accountabilities
• Help breakdown the sales target for region into subsidiary targets for reporting teams
• Plan and direct activities to meet sales targets
• Build on customer acquisition efforts of the trade marketing team (focused campaigns)
• Work on introduction/penetration of product in different geographical regions within region as directed by the Sr Manager – National Sales
• Collate feedback about the product from the end users and channel partners
• Track competitors’ actions in response to the sales and marketing efforts of the company
• Identify tools and tactics that help communicate with market, reinforce positioning and acquiring new customers.
• Work on customer feedback and address grievances related to the sales process proactively
• Review mechanism to ensure that all messaging/communication is vetted before it is released to the target audience
• Manage the product portfolio and distribution level in all trade channels
• Ensure hygiene standards are maintained through the sales process - till the product reaches the final consumer from the finished goods warehouse
• Ensure that all local environmental requirements are duly adhered to
• Knowledge of and adherence to regional council compliance requirements
• Understand and ensure meeting the obligations of health and safety requirements of employment legislation.
• Identify and contain/minimize product related health hazards reported by the consumer(s).
• Maintain an event register for supply and subsequent recall of all defective products
• Forecast staff requirements for the function and get budget approval for the same
• Define knowledge/skillsets required
• Effective communication within and outside the team
• Ensure tasks are understood by the team members, and performed responsibly and diligently
• Create a supportive environment for the team members
• Contribute to the team, letting others know information that may be useful or important
• Help to create a fun, supportive work environment
• Liaise with management and other supervisors, when necessary, to maintain efficient running of the department.
• Participate in management and supervisory meetings when required.
• Produce end of month departmental report, on time, and as required by the management.
• Keep accurate and up to date, daily, weekly, monthly records as required by the management.
• Help others in the team if needed; Support relief staff in their duties
Education Level – Minimum Requirement
• Graduate / Bachelor Degree / Advanced Diploma (Sales / Marketing)
• Advanced diploma in agribusiness
• have a valid driver’s license
• Overall experience of 10 years or more with 5+ years in senior commercial management position
• Experience of managing sales teams at national level in FMCG industry. Experience in dairy products will be preferred
• Strong understanding of the Middle East especially GCC countries
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Career Level:||Senior Executive|