Our client is now recruiting for a Buyer. You will be directly reporting to the Merchandize & Buying Manager
Main Job Purpose
Ensure the products availability in the warehouse to support company’s sales within the inventory targets (limits) and ultimately archive profit margin targets.
• Follow-up with company’s suppliers through the communication of the item availability priorities set by the Merchandize Division to ensure the on-time delivery of the critical items.
• Monitor company suppliers’ performance through the review of the sales comparisons, inventory actual against the targeted levels, fill rates (quantity and cost), warehouse availability and shelf availability to evaluate and enhance the suppliers’ performance.
• Manage the supplier returns for damaged and expired items by aligning with internal departments to prepare goods and coordinate with vendors on the products collection process in order to optimize inventory and increase profitability.
• Follow up any discrepancies with suppliers (compensation for discounts) to ensure accurate execution of the agreements (future).
• Ensure end to end supply chain integration between the company and Suppliers in order to improve consistent optimum availability and inventory.
• Monitor the inventory level of company’s warehouses through reviewing the system in order to take the appropriate action with the concerned stakeholder (Category Managers: to set activities to promote the slow moving items or items cancelation, Suppliers: to return the excess quantities).
• Issue the Purchase Orders (POs) to the company’s Suppliers based on the expected replenishment plans (from stores and warehouses) and the inventory policy approved from the Commercial Division to ensure items availability.
• Respond to the daily ad hoc through the issuance of urgent Purchase Orders (POs) based on the daily review of the stock level and the communication of the items prices, quantities and bar code to company’s warehouse to ensure the items availability.
Employee duties are not limited only to the above-mentioned Accountabilities; he/she may perform other duties as assigned.
• Communication Station
• Customer Station
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Purchasing and Procurement|
|Company Industry:||Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|