The L2 Circuit Switching Core engineer will be part of the CS Core Operations team, managing VFQA core switches, media gateways, MGCF function, signalling and roaming operations and subscriber data management platforms, maintaining a 24/7 superior network KPIs with high availability of 99.99%, achieving quality leadership in a very competitive market. Being a multi-vendor environment, he/she has to perform vendor management for incident management and SLA negotiations as per the Vodafone policies.
With us you will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and 2nd level operational support of the wireless network platforms.
- Analyze daily and weekly health checks reports for CS Core domain and proactively responding to degraded KPIs and alarms within the acceptable SLA limits.
- Responsible for maintaining E2E measurement data and network KPIs within agreed OLAs & SLAs, ensuring network reliability and availability with minimal MTTR through promoting strong incident and proactive problem management practices.
- Provide on-site level 2 operations and maintenance support when needed, Incident and Problem management, applying proper corrective actions to restore the service.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) through Major Incident Reviews (MIR) with the Vendors and update KEDB documentations.
- Participate in carrying out Weekly Business Reviews (WBR) and Major Incident Reviews (MIR).
- Develop method of procedures for various CS Core services and change requests, utilizing automation scripts to simplify operations (Example: SOAP, XML, Shell, Expect, Python, Perl…)
- Deploy & Integrate new nodes, roaming agreements, execute & oversee acceptance process (MSC, VLR, MGW, HLR, SDM, AUC, EiR, STP, SS7 Firewall, MGCF, SCCP relay, etc..), support Networks teams in various projects.
- Execute and validate SW and HW bug fixes, release upgrades and expansions.
- Responsible for Network Audit, Operational performance, Capacity, Trend, Risk and Gap analysis.
- Supported repair and return activities, spare part management.
- Participate in an on-call Rota and flexible working hours (Night shifts as required)
|Career Level:||Mid Career|